Sunday 1 February 2015

Liebster Award Nomination!


This week I would like to thank Denise Sweeney from Dee-Termined To Glam & Glow for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am very new to the blog scene so this is a great way to get my blog out there and learn about other bloggers. 

http://deeterminedtoglamandglow.blogspot.ie/

My Questions

How did you come to choose the name for your blog?
I decided on 'Make My Day' because it reflected the hard work which is required for any wedding day. I though the play on words was fun, light hearted and had a personal reference to me as there was a lot of craft making towards my own wedding day.

Where would you like to see your blog going in the next 5 years?
5 years is a long time away but I would be happy if people were still reading, sharing and gaining ideas towards their own wedding day. It's still early days but I'd love to develop my creativeness into the real world of weddings and wedding decoration, even as a hobby :-)

What is your guilty pleasure?
Watching repeats of Sex and the City, whilst drinking tea and eating chocolate. I never get sick of that show!

If you were stranded on a desert island name 5 things that you would not live without?
Carmex lip balm, hair grips, pen, paper and Liam of course (yes I know that's too cheesy)!

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
I'd love to visit Canada or to return to Asia so I could explore it properly.

If money was no object what would you do first?
Buy a new bed, we've been meaning to get one for ages but the whole experience is more complicated than you think!(I love sleeping) :-) Then I would build a beautiful house in the country before jetting off on a fun filled adventure around the world. Yay, sounds fun!

What is your favourite time of year?
Autumn defiantly! I love the seasonal colours, the build up to Halloween, Bon Fire Night and then Christmas; as well as it is now my wedding anniversary.

What's the best piece of advise that you have been given?
Don't argue with a drunk man (or woman)!

Who do you look up to most in life?
My dad... he doesn't say much but what he does say is valuable.

Dead or alive what celebrity would you most like to meet?
Patrick Swayze.

Why?
So he could teach me how to dance and how to do the lift!

11 Random Facts About Me

1. I have a Degree in Visual Art with Education Studies

2. I've visited 13 other countries so far in my life, I can't really pick a favourite from them all so I think the best is still to come :-)

3. I was apart of a running club as a child where I ran at cross country, 800 meters and in the relay team. I really wish I kept this up so I could have tried to be the next Paula Radcliffe ;-) and I can't watch the Olympics or any running competition without a huge sigh of jealousy #shouldawouldacoulda

4. I have ran the Birmingham half marathon.

5. I have cousins who are triplets and 2 sets of twins on the same side of my family, this often causes Liam to go into a cold sweat!

6. I still have the same group of friends which I had at school, people outside this group often find this a bit surprising.

7. I was named after my nan, although she died before I was born.

8. It took me 5 times to pass my driving test!

9. I've volunteered at Birmingham Children's Oncology Department, delivering art activities to children and families to reduce any stress.

10. I love watching crime watch.

11. I have suffered from anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) for most of my teens and parts of my adult life. Not as easy as a broken leg to fix but still just as painful.


I would like to nominate the following...
https://carols10000feettriplechallenge.wordpress.com/

Here are your questions.

1. What inspired you to do a blog?
2. What's your favourite food?
3. What's the last book you read?
4. Where would you most like to visit in the world?
5. What are your favourite hobbies?
6. What's your proudest achievement?
7. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
8. Who is your idol?
9. What's your ideal dream job?
10. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
11. If someone made a movie about your life who would play you?

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

  • Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
  • Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
  • Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
  • Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
  • Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
  • List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
  • Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

Thank you again Denise for the nomination and I hope everyone else enjoyed the read. I'll be back with my next post next week, I'm really excited to share with you my table decoration ideas!












No comments:

Post a Comment